Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Today my 65 year old Aunt will be buried

I hate losing loved ones, especially suddenly. This is the second time I'm losing an aunt in her 60's. My dad's sister had cancer and passed away pretty quickly. This time, it's my dad's sister-in-law, she had a lung disease that they only found out recently she had, and there's nothing they could have done to stop it anyway. She got real bad, real fast. My Uncle had to make a decision to pull her off life support. It all happened so quick that it was so hard to make that decision, but her lungs were beyond repair and she would need a machine breathing for her the rest of her life, and her brain was not getting enough oxygen, so she probably would have been in a vegetative state. It's so sad. 

I just saw her in July, Dave and I were having a date night, and we ran into my uncle and aunt at the restaurant, it's a nice memory I have of her. You never think one time will be the last time you see someone. 

Hug your loved ones often, tell them you care, be there for them when they need someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment