Monday, January 19, 2015

Appreciate your loved ones

Nothing makes you appreciate your loved ones more than when you are scared you'll lose them! My husband was in a car accident last week. He swerved to avoid hitting a car and ended up hitting a tree in a ditch. I was wondering why it was taking so long for him to get home from work and he was 30 minute late by the time someone called me. It is so terrifying to get a call from a nurse saying your husband is at the hospital because he was in a car accident. They don't tell you much over the phone! The only thing she told me was he's fine, but his neck hurts. It doesn't really help much with my anxiety until I see him with my own eyes! He ended up being fine, but it could have been a lot worse. He could have hit the other car head on, he could have hit a light pole he missed by inches, or the guard rail that was on the other side. God was definitely with him that afternoon, he only had a small bruise on his knee and he now has back pain, but it's way better than anything else that could have happened! I am so thankful he's okay and I got a reminder to appreciate him more, just like my last post, you never know when you will see someone for the last time.

Here is the "green machine" all banged up:

No comments:

Post a Comment